Do your employees need extra support with their presentation skills? Is it hard for your employees to successfully bring their ideas across and attain their presentation goals?
Then the “real deal” can provide the solid support to take them to the next level. Many students made the transformation from hesitant, aimless speakers to strong and effective ones.
You might recognize the following situations:
- Your employees do not make a professional impression when they present.
- Your employees tend to lose their audience after a few minutes.
- Your employees are experts, but they tend to get entangled into the content when they present.
- Your employees do not attain their presentation goals.
- Your employees fail to connect with their audience.
- Your employees realize they can improve, but they do not really know how or where to start.
- Your employees are nervous, and they do not feel confident when they present.
This is really not necessary.
I am convinced, everybody can learn to present in a convincing, engaging and clear manner. Since 2008 I have helped hundreds of professionals to become effective speakers in their own right.
“During the Berlin conference, we have all succeeded, to bring our message across in our own way and in a powerful manner”. J. Tjan ISIC.
During more than 10 years of coaching and training professionals I have developed a lot of modules and tools, that have proved their value. The best of these are part of the “the Real Deal”.
These tools and steps are key in transforming your employees from being a bit unconfident, hesitant or aimless to being more effective and confident as a presenter.
These steps cover knowledge about effective presenting, based on the learning of rhetoric’s and current scientific research.
Move beyond content
One of the frequent pitfalls of professionals is that they predominantly concentrate on the content when they prepare their presentation. This is an understandable pitfall. Since, as a professional you will be judged on the content that you deliver.
However, only diving into your content will not work for a presentation. You also need to know how to bring your information across and how to connect with your audience. Only if you learn these skills, you can really become effective as a speaker and start to excel.
A good start is half the work.
A lot of professionals lose overview once they start preparing. When I tell this, I also need to tell that, they reason. They get deeper and deeper entangled into the content. This is a time consuming and ineffective approach, that often causes a lot of frustration. For how to put an elephant (lots of information) in a tiny box (a presentation)?
Apart from getting entangled into the content professionals also tend to forget to put themselves in their audience footsteps during the preparation process. They reason from content and content alone and forget to bridge the gap between themselves, the content on one side and their audience on the other.
If you do not know how to connect with your audience and you do not know how to bring your story across, your message will simply not “travel” to the other side, let alone sink in.
You have put a lot of effort and time in your preparation, without the desired results.
What happens as well, is the other end of the spectrum. Namely that some professionals are to0 easy-going about their presentations and fail to prepare properly.
During the presentation they notice that their presentation fails to be a comprehensive story. After only minutes the audience tunes out. This is a shame since opportunities to connect and bring value for the audience are missed this way.
Imagine that your employees:
- Make a professional impression, when they present.
- Know how to give an iron strong presentation. A presentation that convinces.
- Take that extra step and provide real value for their audience and bridge the gap.
- Know not only to inform, but also to convince their audience.
- Know how to prepare efficiently and effectively, so they become effective speakers.
- Know what they personally need to bring their skill to the next level. (think: “delivery”, content, design and preparation).
- Know how to get new clients, interesting cooperation or sponsorships with their presentations.
- Know how to successfully present themselves as experts in their presentation.
- Move beyond their nerves and start to enjoy presenting.
- Attain their presentation goals, when they present.
“After my presentation during the China summit in Bejing, a lot is brewing business wise. People really regard me as an expert now”.
Presenting with Impact
By learning how to present with impact, your employees will attain more in their work.
“With one presentation I managed to obtain all the sponsor money needed for one of our projects.”
Marlou van Campen. WWF
“After this presentation people regard me as an expert and doors are being opened.”
J. Mossel. SpaTree
What is needed to make the transformation into an effective speaker?
Honestly only the motivation, willingness and open mind to enter an interesting learning process.
Compact clear theory will be alternated with a lot of practice. Technical means are being used to strengthen the learning experience. Think of camera use and use of videos. By applying, practicing and observing, the pennies will drop and learning the presentation skill will gain momentum.
Naturally, it needs time to learn a skill. This program is organised in a way that it allows your employees to learn step by step. This way they can combine the training with their busy jobs. The steps can be divided over a 6-week period or a 3-week period, whatever is preferred. This boils down to one training day every 2 weeks or one training day every week. This makes it possible to spread the learnings and let it sink in instead of trying to make your employees run before they can walk.
What does this program consist of?
- 3 Training days. This program combines 2-day training “Presenting with Impact” with the 1-day training “Designing with impact”.
- 6 weeks of unlimited e-mail contact.
- All theory will be available and will be sent to participants after the training. So, that participants do not need to worry about missing out on notes and can focus on the training.
- Footage of presentation will be sent by WeTransfer and functions as support in the learning process.
- Every participant will receive an individual A4 learning report.
- After the training your employees will have a top presentation in their pocket. Which will be built step by step during the training.
- 1-day in-company level 1: € 1.500, – for a group of 6 people (vat free). Including manuals. Provided location is arranged within the company. Boils down to 250, – euro per person per day.
- 2-days in-company, level 1+: € 3.600, – for a group of 6 persons (vat free). Provided location is arranged within the company. This boils down to 300,- euro per person per day.
- Location: in-company (or hired location). Provided RIVM measures can be assured.
- Duration: 3 days 10:00 – 17:00 (For didactical reasons, ideally one or two weeks in between the sessions).
- Study load: think of 3-6 hours preparation in between every live meeting. Assignments will be sent by e-mail.
- Number of participants: 6 participants is the ideal balance between enough attention per participant and learning from each other as a group.
- Requirements: good knowledge of the English language is required. The emphasis in the training is on presentation skills and not on the English language.
- Starting level: College or University.
- 3 Training Days: planned in consultation. Ideally 1 session of 4 hours every week, 6 weeks on a row.
- Study load: think of 2-4 hours preparation in between every live meeting. Assignments will be sent by e-mail.
- Number of participants: 4 Experience shows that online training works well with a smaller number of participants and dividing the training into online blocks of half a day.
- Focus: the focus in this online training will be on online presenting rather than live presenting.
- Conditions: good knowledge of the English language is required. The emphasis in the training is on presentation skills and not on the English language.
- Starting level: College or University.
This program is suitable for your employees if:
- Your employees are ambitious and like to develop themselves professionally.
- Your employees can spend a couple of hours every one or two weeks (depending on your choice to do the program in 3 or 6 weeks), so they can get the most out of the program.
- Your employees are motivated to learn and are open to experiment and learn from the group.
- Your employees have sufficient knowledge of English. The emphasis in the training is on presentation skills and not on the English language.
The investment € 5.497,00 euro, vat free.
- 3 live or 3 online training days in total.
- Online assignments and pfd theory files.
- Footage of presentation will be sent.
- Unlimited e-mail contact during trajectory.
- Personal A4 learning report.
In short: everything that is needed for the program.
If you are interested in the “real deal program” and or if you have questions, I invite you to contact me. You can send a mail to email@example.com so we can plan a telephone call
I am looking forward to talking to you!
Kind regards, Mabel
How did other participants experience the training?
“The presentation skills of my team were clearly improved with regards to the presentation of last year at our event. Also, I have noticed an advantage in my own way of presenting, if I compare it with the previous years. In other word, your training helped us a lot.”
“Thanks to the tips of Mabel, I have learned how to present a content in a more powerful way. Besides, I improved the control over my body once presenting in front of an audience.”
“I liked that I learned how to get people interested about the presentation. Also that I learned how to use your voice, your posture and the space. We needed to practice everything that we learned.
That made the training memorable and you will be able to remember really easy what you learned during this training.”
“The presentation training guided by Mabel was a great experience. It was filled with various topics around a presentation (preparation, presentation, material, speaking, …). I liked her idea about individual presenting. Therefore she really seeks personal strengths/weaknesses and gives useful and individual feedback. Additionally she shared the material of the training topics afterwards. I can definitely recommend this training to everyone. I took a lot from that and use this in my daily work.”
“I did the “Presenting with Impact” in-company training in January 2017. What I really like about this training is that it is a very interactive training. It is in a small group of people and because of this, there is a lot of attention to the learning-objectives for each individual. My presentation-skills have clearly been improved! Thank you!”
“To me the trainer was very professional, motivating and she put in a good deal of humor. I learned a lot in 2 days. Very interactive. Receiving immediate feedback, lots of practising and watching yourself back on video. The preparation time for the final presentation was a bit too short. Otherwise, I could have gotten even more out of the training.”
“This is an excellent trainining, exactly tailor-made to our context. Mabel is endearing and decisive. For each part of the presentation she has good eye openers. You will have to face your presentation fear, but that is dosed in a fine way. There is a positive eye for what is alreay there and what can be improved.”
“I joined a training given by Mabel from Presenting with Impact. The training is good for both, people with prior experience in communication and presentation skills and beginners. The training was fun and educative which is always the best mix. The organisation of the training was informal without making anyone uncomfortable in the work environment. I would definitely attend a training with Mabel again. I learned a lot and refreshed what I have learned once before. ”
“I personally think that your course is one of the best I’ve experienced at Mitsubishi; it is neatly prepared and executed, you seem to have deep knowledge about the subject and are the right person for the job (energy/enthusiasm, patience, etc.).”