Step 05: 5-day challenge “the 5 steps of a persuasive talk in a jiffy.”
Time: 20 minutes
Goal: become a super sharp persuasive speaker.
Are you ready for the final step?
You have already used up your entire hand, so what is this final step about?
- You’ve used your fist for “The Situation”.
- Your thumb for “the POINT you want to make”,
- The following 3 fingers for your “3 WHY’s or 3 HOW’s”.
- And your pinkie for a possible “Contra Argument” that might lurk in your audience mind and that you would like to nip in the bud.
You can already see it down below. You reuse your thumb to give your audience a final nudge. You press the “why” of your idea in your audience mind once more.
This is not mandatory, but just a final amplifier and a great way to finish your persuasive talk.
What would this look like?
You could end your persuasive talk with repeating shortly and powerful the benefits. The benefits that will follow once your idea is adopted.
In my case, of putting up the argument for more effective e-mail campaigns. I could end my persuasive talk with the following sentence:
“So, let us stop wasting energy, time and money.
Let us create more value for our customers.
And let us generate more revenue.”
Can you mention the benefits and finish your persuasive talk with a blast? Write it down.
Congratulation this was your final step. YOU HAVE MADE IT!
Let us now check if you managed to stay out of the pitfalls of ending your persuasive talk with a short and powerful repetition of the benefits.
- You repeat the arguments or the points instead of the benefits. What are the positive consequences once your idea is embraced or what negative consequences will stop?
- You start explaining all over again. You should be really concise and to-the-point, otherwise your closure loses power, and it does not feel like an ending.
Did you lay it against the yardstick? Is all of the above clear?
Great congratulation! You did it! You’ve have finished the 5 steps of a persuasive talk in a jiffy!
You’ve used your fist for “The Situation”.
Your thumb for “the POINT you want to make”,
The following 3 fingers for your “3 WHY’s or 3 HOW’s”.
Your pinkie for a possible “Contra Argument” that might lurk in your audience mind.
Your thumb pressing down for reminding the audience of “The Benefits” of your idea.
You now have:
- A mini presentation that is super convincing in your pocket.
- You’ve learned the 5 steps of a persuasive talk and how to apply it. You know what is driving it at the backend.
- You’ve had a small fun challenge and learned something new each day.
- You might win a 50% discount for a service of“Presenting with Impact”. If you hand in your exercise.
Do you want me to check it? Send “YOUR SITUATION” and “The POINT you want to make”the WHY’s or HOW’s, your possible CONTRA ARGUMENT and FINAL WORDS to me and I will have a look! Send it to email@example.com
Now reward yourself for finishing your fifth step. You are a star! 😉
To more grip, impact and presenting pleasure!