Are you an expat looking for a Presentation Skills course in the Netherlands? Or are you a Dutch professional working in an international environment?
Do you have a lot of knowledge in your field, but find it hard to bring this knowledge across to a large audience? Would you like to learn how to develop and give persuasive and impactful presentations?
So, that you attain your business goals much easier?
Then the Program from “Beginner to Pro” might be something for you!
Present with impact
By learning to present with impact, you will become more successful and attain more in your work.
“With one presentation I managed to get a grant for one of our projects”.
M. van Campen WWF
“After this presentation I am regarded as a serious factor in the business”.
J. Mossel. Owner SpaTree
Research demonstrates that being able to present yourself and your ideas is an important factor for a successful career. You will have the skill to attain what you want, create chances, and obtain finances.
Maybe you recognize yourself in the following:
- After a few minutes you’ve lost your public’s attention.
- You notice that your key information does not come across.
- You’re quite nervous when you present, and you do not enjoy it.
- You do not feel confident, when you speak.
- You neglect to make a professional impression when you present.
- You are not sure how to develop yourself in this area.
It does not have to be this way.
I believe everybody can learn to present in a clear and engaging manner. From 2008 until now, I have helped hundreds of professionals to become more effective presenters within their own right.
“We, all in our own way, have succeeded in bringing across our message in a powerful manner. “J. Tjan. ISIC team returning from annual Berlin event.
During my 15 years of training hundreds of professionals, I developed and gathered a lot of knowledge and tools that have proved their value. These tools cover 7 steps that are needed to transform you into an effective and professional speaker.
It covers golden knowledge for effective speaking. And it prevents you from falling into prevalent presentation pitfalls. This will save you lots of time and frustration trying to muddle through year in year out.
Move beyond content
One prevalent pitfall is that highly educated professionals get too much entangled into the content when they prepare and present. Which is an easy pitfall to fall into. Since, we all get judged by the quality of the content that we deliver.
However, being solely occupied with your content will not work for presenting. You also need to know how to bring your content across and how you can connect with your audience. As soon as you learn this, you will start to excel as a speaker. As a result, you will enjoy presenting much more, simply because you notice that it works.
A good start is half the work
Many people immediately dive into the content as soon as they hear they have a presentation coming up. In the process they increasingly get entangled into the content. They dive deeper and deeper, “If I tell this, I also need to tell that”, they tell themselves. This is a time-consuming process that causes a lot of frustration. Because how to fit a big elephant (too much information) in a tiny box (a presentation)?
Besides this, being so caught up in the content, many people tend to forget to put themselves in their audience’s footsteps. In short, they reason from content and content alone, missing a very important ingredient from the start.
If you cannot make the connection with your audience and you do not know how to bring your story to the other side, your message will simply not come across and you will leave empty handed. You’ve worked hard on your presentation but failed to leave a professional impression. Besides this, you will miss out on important opportunities that occur when you do succeed in being an effective presenter.”
After my successful presentation at the China summit, there is a lot of brewing going on businesswise”.
Imagine that you will:
- Experience freedom when you present.
- Feel and experience that you have impact, with your story.
- Present yourself successfully as an expert to a large audience.
- Become visible in a professional manner.
- Move past your nerves and start enjoying when you present.
- Strengthen your expert status, by presenting to large audiences.
- Get grants and sponsorships.
What do you need to make the transformation from a “beginner” to a professional speaker?
Honestly, from your side only the motivation and willingness to enter an interesting learning process with an open mind.
The learning process consists of 7 clear and attainable steps. See the overview down below.
Learning a skill needs time to ripen. Therefore, this program is spread over 4 months. This time is needed to embed your skill as part of your professional live. At the same time, the 4 months allow you to combine it with a busy job. The 4 months will give you the opportunity to digest and test what you have learned and get coaching along the way.
Different forms of learning will be alternated in this program; from private coaching sessions, to group learning to following online modules.
Learning does not stop after a training. It is all about integrating and testing the knowledge and dealing with new questions that may arise. Because only then you will truly learn to the maxim. Therefore, this program also includes zoom coaching calls.
The steps of the “Beginner to Pro” program.
Put on your seven miles boots and learn to present as a pro in 4 months by making the following steps your own.
1. Create a firm presentation foundation.
This is a must if you want to present in a convincing manner. How to formulate a crystal-clear message? How to create a presentation that will really strike a chord with your audience? Learn to create a solid presentation foundation, so that presenting will become easier for you and generate more impact.
2. Your personal key to presenting in a convincing manner.
What do you especially need to present in a convincing manner? Discover your unique personal recipe to become a convincing speaker, without changing your personal style. (Think of: mindset, non-verbal behaviour, voice, posture).
3. Apply golden knowledge and become super effective as a speaker.
How to get your audience on board in just a few minutes? How to make sure your information really sinks in? How to appeal to different kinds of public? How to apply super strong structures for different kinds of presentations? A big part of learning to present is simply good knowledge. Knowledge that can easily be applied.
4. Create a helpful mindset.
Your mindset can have a strong impact on your behavior and feelings before and during a presentation. How do you create a helpful mindset that will help you instead of getting in the way of your work? We often are our own worst enemies. How can you get beyond your nerves?
5. Dare to have impact!
How do you create impact? How do you do this in the right manner? What is needed for this? In this part we steal important knowledge and techniques from actors and directors. Which lessons can we learn from them and how do we translate this to our own presentations?
6. How will PowerPoint support my presentation in an optimal way?
How to make sure that PowerPoint will optimally support your presentation? PowerPoint can give your presentation an extra boost. However, if you use it the wrong way, you will reach the opposite effect. Learn to prevent the famous PowerPoint pitfalls and learn how you can use PowerPoint in an effective manner.
7. How do I make sure I will integrate my presentation knowledge?
In 3 Presenting with impact training-days, we will create a lot of room for practice. You will notice that during this group training, you will learn a great deal from the group. As if you are in a pressure cooker.
Furthermore, you will work on presentation(s) that you will give for your work during these 4 months. This way you can test, sharpen, and integrate the knowledge. Or in other word, get all the learnings embedded.
Concise, clear theory and clear examples will be alternated with exercises. Playfully and step by step, you’ll grow and get more confident.
Beside these meetings, the individual coaching sessions (one monthly by Zoom and 1 live session during the Program) will give you direct and tailor-made advice on your presentation and skill. It will also give you the opportunity to raise questions in between the training sessions that will arise when you apply your new knowledge. So, you will get unstuck and can continue.
What else does this 4-month program has to offer?
Besides the group training days and the coaching, there will a 2,5 hours group zoom session every month, where we will zoom in on important subjects that can make or break your presentation and other important subjects related to presenting successfully.
- How to prepare and be like a swiss army knife?
- Never be caught off guard again, how to introduce yourself and how to pitch?
- How to prepare yourself mentally? And feed your confidence instead of your fear?
- How to answer questions effectively and professionally and deal with difficult Q & A situations?
The cherry on the pie in month 3 is the module “Designing with Impact” where you will learn how to design a persuasive presentation and learn a lot about how convincing works.
Read the experiences from previous participants:
“I’ve followed a very special training ‘presentation skills. I expected to receive all kinds of technical tricks. But, it entailed much more. It was also about becoming more conscious of how you stand in front of an audience.”
“The emphasis in the training is really on practising, this way theory and insight can really be applied. According to me , this is only way to really learn.”
B. Goris (Bloem in Beeld)
“For me the training was a real eye-opener”. Very practical and instructive. It really created an important aha moment for me, and there are not many training programs that can cause this.”
S. Eijkemans (Reed Elsevier)
“It was very instructive, useful and fun. I view your training as an absolute recommendation for others that do not look forward to presenting.”
L. van Nispen (Sanoma Media)
“This week already 3 people stopped in the corridors of APG to tell me my presentation was very good. Thank you very much for helping me out. I am very happy.”
T. Kovacheva (APG)
“The training has brought me tailor-made advice on how I can be a better presenter. The advice is very to the point and easy to actually apply in practise. This training is de facto really useful, which makes it extremely valuable.”
A. Lafarre (TLS)
“The training was a great experience. What I really enjoyed was that each participant received a lot of personal attention. It was also a very practical training. It was much better than receiving just some theoretical tips, because improving your presentation skills needs practise. Moreover, it was fun and Mabel managed to create a very open and friendly environment.”
A. Jallai (TLS)
Through this training, I now experience joy, when I need to present. I know now what and how to use the knowledge so I can give a successful presentation.”
H. Olthuis (Jacobs)
“Mabel coached me very well and gave me the tools to improve my presentations. I could apply her tips immediately and the improvements showed themselves instantly. The training was very inspiring.”
S. Wolf (Avantium)
“I am enjoying this (presenting) more each time and I think it is thanks to you and your great course!”
M. Azkarate (ESA)
“It was a high quality training. Definitely a big compliment for that!”
WJ Hendrikx (University of Tilburg)
“Very professional trainer. Knows how to create a pleasant atmosphere, whereby presenting becomes more pleasurable. Really good exercises. During the coaching, I could immediately apply the learnings in my presentation. Due to her guidance, I have succeeded to give an engaging presentation in China, during the SpaChinaSummit.”
J. Mossel (Spa Tree)
“Mabel is a relaxed and inspiring coach. She creates a safe environment, that makes you feel comfortable. The teachings are immediately applicable, so that you right away experience what works for you or not. With her open and inspiring coaching style Mabel has shown and taught me how to experience more freedom, space and rest while presenting.”
C. van de Beek (Akzo Nobel)
So, all in all, what does this 4-month Program, from “Beginner” to Pro consist of?
- Intake per mail.
- Live training 1 day: How to present clearly and engagingly? (Group)
- Zoom online training 2,5 hours: How to prepare and be like a Swiss Army knife? Assignment before training. (Group)
- Zoom coaching call 30 minutes. (Individual)
- Live training 2 day: How to present clearly and engagingly part 2? Putting to the test what you’ve learned. (Group)
- Zoom online training 2,5 hours: Never be caught off guard again, how to introduce yourself and/or how to pitch? (Group)
- Zoom coaching call 30 minutes. (Individual)
- Module “Designing with Impact. How to design an iron-strong persuasive presentation. Every week you follow a step, of the module. You will hand in assignments and will get feedback on it, so you will know if you are on track. (Individual)
- Zoom online training 2,5 hours: The 7 Tension tamers. How to prepare yourself mentally? (Group)
- Zoom coaching call 30 minutes. (Individual)
- Private live coaching 2,5 hours. We will zoom in on what you specifically need to make a leap in your skill. (Individual)
- Zoom online training 2,5 hours: The 5 steps of a persuasive talk. (Group)
- Live training day 3: How to give a persuasive presentation? (Group)
- Zoom coaching call 30 minutes. (Individual)
The 7 steps are weaved throughout the Program.
In short, this program consists of:
- Three whole training days live. In Amsterdam in a nice venue.
- Four 2,5-hour group online zoom sessions + group coaching.
- One 2,5 hours private live session.
- One online module, to design with Impact. (Accessible for at least a year).
- Four half an hour coaching sessions.
In between sessions there will be assignments.
Think of 2-4 hours preparation per week.
Dates group training 2023/2024:
- Saturday 18 November.
- Saturday 16 December.
- Saturday 18 February.
If one of the above dates is not possible, a solution can be sought within the group to find an alternative date.
Dates group training 2023/2024 online ZOOM group sessions:
- Thursday 23 November 14:00 – 16:30. How to prepare?
- Thursday 21 December 14:00 – 16:30. How to introduce yourself?
- Friday 26 of January. 14:00 – 16:30 How to prepare mentally.
- Friday 2nd of February. 14:00 – 16:30. The 5 steps of a persuasive talk.
The sessions will be recorded. So, you will not miss out on anything and may catch up later.
Zoom coaching calls 30 minutes. To be planned in:
- Week 48
- Week 52.
- Week 01.
- Week 08.
One to one session date:
To be decided in mutual agreement between trainer and participant in third month of Program.
Module: “Designing with Impact” start week 01 to 04 2024.
Assignments in between sessions:
Assignments will be given by-e-mail in between meetings.
This program is suitable for you if:
- You are ambitious and you would like to learn presenting in an effective and thorough manner.
- You are open-minded and like to learn and experiment.
- You enjoy learning from a group.
- You can spend a few hours for assignments and preparation in between meetings.
Starting level: college or university.
The investment is 3.997, – euro, vat free.
This includes all theory documents, manuals, recorded tape material, coaching sessions, training sessions, lunches, and location costs. In short these are total costs.
Guarantee: not satisfied, get your money back.
Are you doubting if this will be the program for you? I can relate to that. If you notice during the first meeting that this program is not suitable for you, you may still cancel the program. I will only charge you for the first meeting, which consist of a whole training session of 556, – euro.
You can apply by simply sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and writing that you would like to apply for the program. I will then send you the necessary follow-up information and once cleared you are ready to go.
If you are interested in the program and you have questions you can contact me by sending an e-mail to email@example.com . I will answer you as soon as possible. If you would like telephone contact of course this is possible as well. Send me an e-mail and we will plan a telephone conversation.
I am looking forward to speaking to you!